- $79,316.64 per year + superannuation
- 1-2 full-time positions available commencing February 2024
- Comprehensive 12 week induction and training covering assessments, NDIS resources, and report writing.
- Young team of 17 OTs!
- Ongoing weekly and monthly supervision, plus a designated “OT Buddy”
- Generous KPI / Remuneration package
- Geelong Waterfront Therapy Hub location
- Professional Development budget
- Annual “wellbeing allowance”
- Birthday Leave
- Weekly team lunches across all office sites
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Occupational Therapist will work with a varied caseload consisting of participants (0- 65 years of age) providing evidence-based therapeutic use of assessment and intervention to develop or maintain everyday tasks. You will work with participants utilising a holistic, person-centred approach, collaborating with the person and their support team.
Under the guidance of our experienced clinical OT supervisors, our graduates complete an initial 12-week intensive induction period where they’ll have the opportunity to attend observational appointments and sessions, shadow therapists with varied caseloads, participant in 1 to 1 clinical and group supervision, attend a facilitated standardised assessment and outcome measure training day, and NDIS specific training.
- Meet with a supervisor on a regular basis to review current workload, areas of improvement and receive feedback on progress.
- Review incoming referrals and operate within scope of practice.
- Provision of therapy to individuals
- Provision of group therapy
- Create resources for therapy and take on projects throughout your graduate year.
- Completion and compilation of functional assessments, progress reports, outcome reports and recommendations, ensuring to meet all NDIS reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Current or eligibility for registration with appropriate governing body (i.e AHPRA)
- Must have completed tertiary studies prior to commencement.
- Enthusiasm and passion for practicing therapy interventions as an allied health professional
- The ability and initiative to work autonomously while being part of a clinical team
- Alignment with the core business values of Empowerment, Integrity, and Respect
ABOUT ACCESS YOUR SUPPORTS
Access Your Supports is a Geelong based organisation that provides support and services to eligible participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). With offices in Geelong, Colac and Mildura and over 190 employees, AYS is dedicated to ensuring participants have choice and control to best assist them to achieve their NDIS goals.
AYS Director Ralph Menchise has brought together a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about positive participant outcomes. Not only does Access Your Supports deliver quality support services and empower participants to achieve their life goals with the services available to them under the NDIS, Access Your Supports will also work closely with participants to implement a plan that will work.
HOW TO APPLY
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a National NDIS Worker Screen Check. From 1 February 2021 any staff member deemed to be working in a ‘risk-assessed role’ or at the request of management, must undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check.
AYS is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, contact Alisha Goldsworthy at email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
We value Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.
Suited candidates will be contacted before the submission deadline.
For any additional information on the role or any query you may have please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.