What is Counselling?
Counselling is described by the NDIS as facilitating self-knowledge, emotional acceptance and growth and the optimal development of personal resources on a one-to-one basis. Counselling can assist participants to work towards their personal goals and gain greater insight into their lives.
How can Counselling assist me?
Counselling can assist in a range of areas, including:
- Identify and work towards new goals
- Finding relief from negative feelings
- Minimising or learning to manage anxiety and depression
- Managing mental health disorders by creating a plan, offering support and treatment with a trained professional
- Improve your social skills
- Feeling more independent
- Learning tools for coping with challenges
- Managing low self esteem or anger management
- Managing addictions
- Adapting to life transitions
- Phobias and fears