- Mildura, VIC based
- 3 days part-time (0.6)
- Generous salary and KPI expectation
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Join our fabulous team of 19 Practitioners!
- $79,316 – $105,000 per year + superannuation
ABOUT ACCESS YOUR SUPPORTS
Access Your Supports is a Geelong based organisation that provides support and services to eligible participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). With offices in Geelong, Colac and Mildura and over 190 employees, AYS is dedicated to ensuring participants have choice and control to best assist them to achieve their NDIS goals.
AYS Director Ralph Menchise has brought together a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about positive participant outcomes. Not only does Access Your Supports deliver quality support services and empower participants to achieve their life goals with the services available to them under the NDIS, Access Your Supports will also work closely with participants to implement a plan that will work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Behaviour support safeguards the rights of people with a disability to a life of freedom and dignity.
Your role will be working with participants of all ages to assess and support participants through behavioural challenges with individual support plans and intervention strategies. You will utilise a holistic, person-centred approach, collaborating with the person and their support team. You will create individualised strategies that are responsive to the person’s needs, in a way that increases the person’s quality of life, reduces the occurrence and impact of behaviours of concern and minimises the use of restrictive practices.
You will enjoy a varied caseload within our therapy hub and out in the community. Working as a part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team, you will assess, plan, monitor and review participant outcomes in line with NDIS funding.
- Assist participants in addressing underlying causes of behaviours of concern or challenging behaviours in a way that reduces the occurrence and impact of these on their life.
- Complete functional behaviour assessments.
- Compilation of reports and letters for NDIS participants, other health professionals and NDIS reporting requirements.
- Develop Positive Behaviour Support plans and train staff and carers to implement the plan, along with the participant.
- Work effectively with a range of stakeholders including individuals, families, support teams, Local Area Coordinators, NDIA, the Office of the Public Advocate, government agencies and specialist support services when required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Occupational Therapy Counselling or another relevant Allied Health field, OR
- Experience within the Behaviour Support field.
- Current registration with AHPRA or relevant professional body.
- Assessed as suitable as per the PBS Capability Framework via NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
- Valid Australian Driver’s License
- Cleared Victorian Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- Cleared National NDIS Worker Screen check.
- Professional Development budget
- Annual “wellbeing allowance”
- Birthday Leave
- Weekly team lunches across all office sites
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a National NDIS Worker Screen Check. From 1 February 2021 any staff member deemed to be working in a ‘risk-assessed role’ or at the request of management, must undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Access Your Supports is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions.
We value Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.
For any additional information on the role or any query you may have please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.