What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapists are health professionals who work with people across the lifespan to enable them to participate in the things that they need and want to do across all aspects of life.
Under the National Disability Insurance Scheme, occupational therapists work with people of all ages who also have a physical or psychosocial disability to enable participation in activities of everyday living.
The AYS Occupational Therapy Team
We work closely with you and those close to you to maximise your independence. Ranging from improving self-care, accessing the community, exploring housing options and modifications, to prescribing assistive technology, Occupational Therapy helps you do the things you need to do to, in the most effective way possible.Meet The Team
Individualised intervention strategies to work towards your goals such as:
- Increasing independence in personal care activities (such as showering, dressing & grooming)
- Household/ domestic activities (such as meal preparation, cleaning & gardening)
- Community access & participation (including transport training)
- Social participation
- Education, employment and volunteering support
- Provision of assistive technology and home modifications to increase independence within the home and community.
- Supported disability accommodation/ Supported independent living assessments to assist in outlining levels of support required for a supported living environment.
Other Related Services
Behaviour support is about creating individualised strategies for people with disability that respond to their needs, in a way that reduces the occurrence and impact of behaviours of concern and minimises the use of restrictive practices.Find Out More
AYS offers a range of different therapies in a group setting to help develop a range of skills including school readiness, emotional skills, social skills, independent living skills as well as fine and gross motor skills and improving diet.Find Out More
Counselling can assist participants to work towards their personal goals and gain greater insight into their lives. Facilitating self-knowledge, emotional acceptance and growth and the optimal development of personal resources on a one-to-one basis.Find Out MOre