- 1-2 permanent part-time or full-time positions available
- Paediatric, Adult, or Mental Health caseload available
- Extensive induction and training provided
- Opportunity for progression into supervisory roles
- Generous KPI / Remuneration package
ABOUT ACCESS YOUR SUPPORTS
Access Your Supports is a Geelong based organisation that provides support and services to eligible participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). With offices in Geelong, Colac and Mildura and over 190 employees, AYS is dedicated to ensuring participants have choice and control to best assist them to achieve their NDIS goals.
AYS Director Ralph Menchise has brought together a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about positive participant outcomes. Not only does Access Your Supports deliver quality support services and empower participants to achieve their life goals with the services available to them under the NDIS, Access Your Supports will also work closely with participants to implement a plan that will work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Occupational Therapist will work with a varied caseload consisting of participants (0- 65 years of age) providing evidence-based therapeutic use of assessment and intervention to develop or maintain everyday tasks. You will work with participants utilising a holistic, person-centred approach, collaborating with the person and their support team.
- Where working with participants aged 0-8 under Early Childhood Early Intervention, you will adopt a key worker approach in assessment, planning and intervention and effectively consult with the multidisciplinary team and other stakeholders, including family, health and education supports
- Ensure a high level of communication, both written and verbal, to enable the development of a strong rapport with all participants and their families and/or carers and staff.
- Working as a part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team, you will plan, monitor and review participant outcomes in line with NDIS funding.
- Triage, assess and manage your caseload of participants with a professional and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specialised Occupational Therapy assessment tools and intervention strategies to address needs that relate to, activities of daily living, functional performance, fine motor skills, motor planning, sensory processing, perceptual motor, handling and sensory integration.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification with in Occupational Therapy
- Current AHPRA registration
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent clinical skills
- The ability and initiative to work autonomously while being part of a clinical team
- Demonstrated evidence of clinical supervision and ongoing professional development
- General knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Alignment with the core business values of Empowerment, Integrity, and Respect
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a National NDIS Worker Screen Check. From 1 February 2021 any staff member deemed to be working in a ‘risk-assessed role’ or at the request of management, must undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Access Your Supports is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions.
We value Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.
Suited candidates will be contacted before the submission deadline.
For any additional information on the role or any query you may have please email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.