- A$105,000/yr – A$116,000/yr
- Mid-Senior level
- Supervise and mentor a small number of BSP’s
- Flexible combination of working from home or our dedicated therapy hub
- Opportunity to work closely with NDIS participants and their families
- Flexible public holiday substitution
- Commitment to paid professional development
ABOUT ACCESS YOUR SUPPORTS
Access Your Supports is a Geelong based organisation that provides support and services to eligible participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). With offices in Geelong, Colac and Mildura and over 200 employees, AYS is dedicated to ensuring participants have choice and control to best assist them to achieve their NDIS goals.
AYS Director Ralph Menchise has brought together a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about positive participant outcomes. Not only does Access Your Supports deliver quality support services and empower participants to achieve their life goals with the services available to them under the NDIS, Access Your Supports will also work closely with participants to implement a plan that will work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner reports directly to the Behaviour Support Team Lead and will provide leadership, support, and supervision to the Behavioural Support Team. The Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner will support staff to ensure that a high-quality service is provided to individuals, and the supports provided are consistent with legislative requirements, funding as per service agreements and organisational policies and procedures.
In addition, the Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner will maintain a caseload and work with participants of all ages to assess and support participants with behaviours of concern through individualised strategies including working with families and other supports.
Community and Relationships
- Provision of behaviour support therapy to individuals and families according to the NDIS Commission Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework
- Compilation of reports and letters for NDIS participants, other health professionals and NDIS reporting requirements.
- Maintain records, following company policy and within expected timeframes that clearly document activities undertaken and ensure all documentation is comprehensive, factual and complies with relevant legislation, professional guidelines and organisational policies.
- Support Behaviour Support Practitioners in their roles.
- Support staff with understanding of the NQSC portal and lodgement of behaviour support plans which contain restrictive practices.
- Contribute to review and development of policies, procedures, process, and best practice guidance in consultation with the team and other relevant AYS employees.
- Regular participation in clinical supervision.
- Review and sign off on plans created by core level practitioners
- Review practitioner capability of staff utilising the Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework tool kit.
- Provide regular clinical supervision as needed in-line with the requirements of the PBS Capability Framework.
- Provide regular clinical supervision in line with Access Your Supports and Service Policies and Procedures.
- Train Behaviour Support Practitioners in maintaining records, following company policy, ensuring all documentation is comprehensive, factual and complies with relevant legislation, professional guidelines and organisational policies.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, including registration with relevant professional body.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience delivering behaviour support services.
- Assessed as a proficient level practitioner as per the PBS Capability Framework.
- Experience lodging behaviour support plans on the NQSC Portal.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Alignment with the core business values of Empowerment, Integrity, and Respect.
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a National NDIS Worker Screen Check. From 1 February 2021 any staff member deemed to be working in a ‘risk-assessed role’ or at the request of management, must undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Access Your Supports is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions.
We value Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.
Suited candidates will be contacted before the submission deadline.
For any additional information on the role or any query you may have please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.