- Speech Therapy (Healthcare & Medical)
- Full time
- $80,000 – $100,000 per year
- Geelong, VIC based
- Multiple positions available in a multidisciplinary team
- Generous salary and KPI expectation
- Flexible Working Arrangements
ABOUT ACCESS YOUR SUPPORTS
Access Your Supports is a Geelong based organisation that provides support and services to eligible participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). With offices in Geelong, Colac and Mildura and over 190 employees, AYS is dedicated to ensuring participants have choice and control to best assist them to achieve their NDIS goals.
AYS Director Ralph Menchise has brought together a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about positive participant outcomes. Not only does Access Your Supports deliver quality support services and empower participants to achieve their life goals with the services available to them under the NDIS, Access Your Supports will also work closely with participants to implement a plan that will work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Speech Pathologist will be part of the ECEI key worker team working with children 0-8 and their families. In this role, the Speech Pathologist will focus on specialised speech pathology assessment, short-term intervention, development of home programs for key workers to support families, reviews, and consultations with the early childhood transdisciplinary key worker team. The Speech Pathologist will also have scope to work with children and participants of different ages should this be an area of interest.
- Provision of goal directed speech therapy for eligible NDIS participants
- Provide assessment, short-term intervention and development of home programs for children 0-8 years receiving early childhood intervention through the transdisciplinary key workers model
- Provision of speech pathology consultation to in-house therapy departments
- Provide advice, consultancy, and support to parents regarding their individual child’s language and communication needs
- Compilation of reports and letters for NDIS participants, other health professionals, and NDIS reporting requirements.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology
- Current practising membership with Speech Pathology Australia
- Demonstrated experience working with children with complex communication needs
- Demonstrated competency and knowledge utilising formal and informal assessment tools.
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different stakeholders
- Strong time management skills
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Cleared Victorian Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Cleared National NDIS Worker Screen Check
- Alignment with the core business values of Empowerment, Integrity, and Respect
- Disability sector experience
- Knowledge of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a National NDIS Worker Screen Check. From 1 February 2021 any staff member deemed to be working in a ‘risk-assessed role’ or at the request of management, must undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Access Your Supports is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions.
We value Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Are you currently a member of Speech Pathology Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current NDIS Worker Screening Check?