- Speech Therapy (Healthcare & Medical)
- Full Time or Part Time 0.8
- $115,000 – $125,000 per year
- Geelong, VIC based
- Great opportunity to work in a team lead position in a multidisciplinary team
- Generous salary and KPI expectation
- Flexible Working Arrangements
ABOUT ACCESS YOUR SUPPORTS
Access Your Supports is a Geelong based organisation that provides support and services to eligible participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). With offices in Geelong, Colac and Mildura and over 190 employees, AYS is dedicated to ensuring participants have choice and control to best assist them to achieve their NDIS goals.
AYS Director Ralph Menchise has brought together a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about positive participant outcomes. Not only does Access Your Supports deliver quality support services and empower participants to achieve their life goals with the services available to them under the NDIS, Access Your Supports will also work closely with participants to implement a plan that will work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Speech Pathology Team Lead will report directly to the Participant Services Lead and provide leadership, support, supervision and guidance to the Speech Pathology Team on a day-to-day basis. The Speech Pathology Team Lead will support staff to ensure that a high-quality service is provided to individuals, and the supports provided are consistent with legislative requirements, funding as per service agreements and organisational policies and procedures.
In addition, the Speech Pathology Team Lead will maintain a small caseload of children 0-8 years, as part of the early childhood team, providing best practise and family centred speech pathology assessment and intervention as well as consultations and home programs for early childhood transdisciplinary key workers.
- Provision of goal directed speech therapy for eligible NDIS participants
- Provision of family centred therapy service for children 0-8 years in line with best practice early childhood intervention.
- Provision of speech pathology consultation to early childhood transdisciplinary key workers and contribution to “in house” early childhood team professional development schedule
- Provide advice, consultancy, and support to parents regarding their individual child’s language and communication needs
- Provide assessment, short-term intervention and development of home programs for children 0-8 years receiving early childhood intervention through the transdisciplinary key workers model
- When required, adopt a key worker approach in assessment, planning and intervention and effectively consult with the multidisciplinary team and other stakeholders, including family, health and education supports
- Compilation of reports and letters for NDIS participants, other health professionals, and NDIS reporting requirements.
- Provide regular clinical supervision and support Speech Pathology team members in their roles.
- Lead performance development meetings to identify ongoing training and support opportunities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology
- At least 5 years of clinical experience working as a Speech Pathologist.
- Current practising membership with Speech Pathology Australia
- Demonstrated experience working with children with complex communication needs
- Demonstrated competency and knowledge utilising formal and informal assessment tools.
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills
- Valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Cleared Victorian Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Cleared National NDIS Worker Screen Check
- Alignment with the core business values of Empowerment, Integrity, and Respect
In applying for this role, you will be subject to a National NDIS Worker Screen Check. From 1 February 2021 any staff member deemed to be working in a ‘risk-assessed role’ or at the request of management, must undergo a NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Access Your Supports is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions.
We value Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.