Access Your Supports
Access Your Supports is an independent Geelong organisation providing support services to eligible participants of the NDIS. Director Ralph Menchise has brought together a team of professional and experienced staff who are passionate about positive participant outcomes. Not only does Access Your Supports deliver quality support services and empower participants to achieve their life goals with the services available to them under the NDIS, Access Your Supports will also work closely with participants to implement a plan that will work.
Why Access Your Supports?
Because we :
- Will work closely with you to support and empower positive outcomes;
- Have multi-discipline teams of dedicated professional staff passionate about positive client outcomes;
- Deliver quality person and family centred NDIS support services that empower participants to achieve their life goals.
- We believe this because of our people-centred practices that builds capacity, empowers choice and opportunity.
- We will bring this to life through our organisation by continuing to do what we do
- We believe this because we will do what we say we will do
- We will bring this to life through our organisation by being truthful, open and honest when communicating
- We believe this because we value the diversity in others
- We will bring this to life through our organisation by multi-mode communication and diversity through our actions
THE SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Access Your Supports services are delivered under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funded by the Australian Government. Our services aim to assist participants through evidenced based therapy interventions. The program supports participants with approved NDIS Plans.
The NDIS is a major national reform with an insurance-based approach. It is a new way of providing support for eligible people with permanent and significant disability, their families and carers, via individualised services based on a participant’s level of need.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- The Support Coordinator role will assist NDIS participants to implement support and services utilising their NDIS plan. Located at our Geelong office you will provide support to each participant and accurately coordinate each NDIS plan budget through a person-centred holistic approach. You will enjoy a varied caseload consisting of participants aged 0-65 years of age.
- Provide a varying level of coordination and transition support for participants
- Consider each individual’s circumstances and level of complexity
- Provide support matching participants with community-based and/or mainstream programs to fulfill participant’s individual needs
- Ability to liaise, build and maintain rapport with participants, families and carers
- Demonstrate a consistent high quality in written and verbal communication. Strong comprehensive report writing skills is a must
- Efficiently budget and break down participant funding to ensure a clear breakdown and get the most out of the plan for the participant
- Have a high attention to details and ability to multi-task
WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Undertake compulsory WorkSafe training
- Participate in staff consultation processes and relevant specific work practices.
- Be vigilant in monitoring individual work practices and report any concerns with respect to health and safety immediately to Access Your Supports.
- Notify line manager immediately in the event of equipment failure. Do not undertake any lifting against directions
- Report all hazards to the Director promptly on appropriate form.
- Report all injuries promptly
- Carry out all duties with diligence and due care for personal safety and the safety of others
- Daily use of computer systems and software programs to ensure effective service delivery, communication, and storage of information.
- Display a commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Access Your Supports.
- Have a commitment to teamwork and contribute to the team and organisational performance
- Ensure that the Disability Code of Conduct is always adhered to
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, and work practices are adhered to at all times
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and disability industry.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or certificate with relevant experience, or relevant extensive experience in case management, disability or community services
- Valid Australian Drivers License
- Cleared Victorian Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Cleared National Criminal Police Check
- Alignment with the core business values of Empowerment, Integrity, and Respect.
- Being adaptable to changing circumstances and being able to prioritize work.
- Participant focused
- Commitment to social justice and inclusion and valuing difference and diversity
- High standard of personal integrity
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve common goals
- Standing for long periods
- Ability to reach overhead
- Ability to reach below knee height
- Ability to reach forward
- Sitting for long periods
- Lifting up to 5kg- 10kg
- Frequent bending at knees and/or hips.